Friday, July 4, 2014

Keeping it Simple

I wish I was about to impart wisdom on life and simplicity, but I'm not.

I'm about to talk about simple machines. Not quite the stuff inspiration is made of.

But they do help us out in life. So there's that.


When I was teaching middle school, simple machines were a part of my year. I always attempted to show my students how useful they were, by finding them in everyday life.

I'm a huge proponent of showing students that what they learn in class is applicable outside the classroom walls.

And simple machines are everywhere. This product includes 48 common ones.


Students create a scene using the cut-and-paste simple machines available to them. They then fill in the rest of the picture, color it neatly and write about it.

You'll be surprised at the creativity in your room.


Let's Illustrate: Simple Machines is available here in my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...